baked Camembert with chilli jam & rosemary
|baked Camembert with chilli jam & rosemary|
|preparing the Camembert before baking - infused with rosemary and chilli|
I have got one of these fancy ceramic cheese baker things - but you can also prepare this in any oven proof cooking dish. It's best to use one that fits the Camembert as snugly as possible as you don't want the cheese oozing all over the place.
There are so many variations to the recipe - play around with your favourite flavours. It would be good too baked with some slivers of garlic and a splash of white wine, or a fruity chutney instead of the chilli jam - it would be particularly good with some cranberry sauce too.
I hope you give this a go and let me know how you get on. I look forward to hearing from you...
recipe by: Ema at De Tout Coeur Limousin
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
1 Camembert (or similar - you could use a brie or coulommiers)
a few rosemary sprigs
1 tbsp chilli jam (I used my own recipe - but a shop-bought sweet chilli sauce or jam would work well too)
- preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4
- put the Camembert in an oven proof dish
- make a few holes with a sharp knife and push in the rosemary sprigs
- add a tbsp of chilli jam, cover with a lid or oven-proof foil
- bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese is soft and oozing.
- serve immediately with crusty bread for dunking - bon appetit!
My baked Camembert with chilli jam & rosemary is also featured on: