|cooking at De Tout Coeur Limousin|
|baked courgettes with feta, tomato, mint & marjoram|
My seasonal recipe for baked courgettes with feta, tomato, mint and marjoram is a real taste of summer. I added fresh marjoram and mint because I have this growing in abundance in our garden, but it would be equally delicious with basil or coriander.
The baked courgettes can be served as a vegetarian main dish or are good as a vegetable side dish too. It's so quick and simple to put together. I hope you enjoy and do let me know how it goes. Do feel free to share your favourite seasonal recipes too.
recipe author: De Tout Coeur Limousin
serves: 2 as a main dish or 4 as a vegetable side dish
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 45-60 minutes
2 large courgettes
3 chopped medium tomatoes
200g feta cheese
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tbs chopped mint
1 tbs chopped marjoram
splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
- preheat oven to about 190-200C
- chop the courgettes in half and scoop out any seeds
- season with salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil
- roast the courgettes for about 10-15 minutes to soften slightly
- combine all the other ingredients in a bowl and season
- remove the courgettes from the oven and add the tomato and feta filling equally between the courgette halves then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- bake for a further 30-45 minutes until the courgettes are soft but not falling apart.
- Serve hot with and enjoy with some good crusty bread to mop up the juices. Bon appetit!
We hope to share a meal with you soon at De Tout Coeur Limousin - we look forward to saying bonjour and welcoming you soon. Please leave a comment below or get in touch via De Tout Coeur Limousin.
|courgettes before baking|
|feta, tomato, mint & marjoram filling|
|Bon appetit at De Tout Coeur Limousin|
My recipe for baked courgettes with feta, tomato, mint & marjoram is featured this month on:
cooking with herbs hosted by Lavender and Lovage
No waste food challenge hosted by Chef Mireille's East West Realm
Helen and Camilla’s Credit Crunch Munch. This month hosted by maison cupcake
Family Foodies Goes Vegetarian hosted by Eat Your Veg and Bangers & Mash